15 November 2011

Nice Day for a White Wedding

Ria wore a latte off the shoulder, cap sleeve A-line Italian silk organza gown with tulle netting and antique embroidery. Hava wore an ivory ruched taffeta V-neck halter with beaded straps and lace up back, side bustle, flowered and bubble hem. I only know what half of that means and I was there. But they both looked incredible. Picture two families of beauty, grace and dignity joining together. I was there too.


This picture was taken a few years ago
but it is pretty much the view from the wedding.
More or less.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Spring wedding in november? Really? Duh its fall.

Sextant said...

Cape Town is in South Africa, which is in the southern hemisphere. November is in the spring. Really. Duh.

Anonymous said...

Happy for your sister. I have seen frequent mentions of her in your various posts over the years.

I seem to recall a song with the title of your post, I think Billy Idol sang it.

Is there a particular jewish significance to white for weddings? I rue the day my daughter marries. First because she is my baby and second because i think i might have to pay for it.

esbboston said...

Have you seen the Coldplay music video for the song 'Paradise'? It was shot half in London, the other half South Africa. Pretty neat video, good song.

Nice wedding story ...

Mia said...

Ernest, I haven't seen the video but I've heard the song.

Garry, white stands for innocence and purity. I doubt many brides are all that innocent or pure these days.

You could always do what our father did and die before the wedding.

Anonymous, Sextant beat me to it.