24 May 2012

Never Has So Much Been Made of So Little

The list of his government abuses against the women he has raped and those who investigate his corruption is long and tedious. Now we can add to that his attempt to censor a work of art that most people would have never heard about had he not tried to censor it. Since he had to go through the courts to close down the gallery where the painting was on display and since the courts took too long to bow down to his will, he had some of his thugs go into the gallery and destroy the painting.

It used to look like this:

The Spear by Brett Murray


Destroying original works of art in the internet age does nothing to keep them out of millions of computers. Now that Zuma’s henchmen have destroyed the real thing, even more people will see digital copies.


http://www.da.org.za/newsroom.htm?action=view-news-item&id=10704

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I note that you are not a great fan of zuma.

I am still trying to figure out who zuma is in all those moments when i actually think of South Africa. The consideration did come up once recently as my wife and i considered south africa as a possible retirement destination, i am 58 now and time to head for the hills. but we are still going to keep it up in mexico. Crime turned me off in south africa and here I write this in Mexico. crime is relative. it seems more awful in south africa and more random. Here in Mexico you have to be a bad guy to get killed. some kids are killed too. I think the murderers thought they were bad kids.

Moving though next week to the beach and then i think home when we tire of hurricanes. it is the yucatan this time.

Two cops got killed right on my doorstep the other day. I said i am not much into that anymore so I went immediately to immigration to renew my expired visa since I want to buy a car and I need my mgration fm3 in order to drive it in mexico. I could be an illegal but that works until you get into a car accident. so monday and it will be Merida.

Bill said...

Some would consider it a flattering depiction.

What's that saying that goes something something if they can't take a joke?