29 June 2008

Today’s Update

Somebody asked me why I don’t post here every day. I guess you are supposed to update your blog daily. That’s some kind of rule. I don’t. I never did. I’m sure I never shall. I’m one of those people who’d rather live life than sit around talking about it. The unexamined life might not be worth living, but if all your day is spent in introspection then what is the use? You have to go outdoors and do before you can write about what you did anyway.

I could talk about what movies I’ve just seen or what I’m making for supper tonight, but who would want to read about all that? I would not. I could describe in detail what I do every day. That would be a great cure for the insomniacs. I’ve read blogs that are just somebody’s random thoughts. I suppose there is some experimental value in that, but I’m never going to be somebody who sits at the computer every time anything crosses my mind.

If you’re looking for a daily internet fix this isn’t the place for you. There’s so much out there already for you. I’m not trying to have the most popular blog in the world. It suits its purpose just fine as is. All the news that’s fit to print, not whatever it takes to fill the space.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love to read each day but if you buzy I did understand.

Anonymous said...

How come when I leave comments in pm it says am?

Mia said...

I've noticed that too. Any comments made in the PM are marked as AM. If you post a comment at 1500 it'll say 0300. I don't know why.