25 April 2013

On the Road and Hanging By a Song

The future husband and I leave for Nepal on Thursday. I understand that the people of Cyberia hang on my every word and wait anxiously for my next update but you are going to have to do without for a little while. I can pretty well guarantee that there shall be no updates while we are climbing the mountain. We will have internet access almost the entire time. Nobody goes up Everest without all of the latest satellite navigation and positioning systems. It is also very important to have up to the second weather information and a reliable way to play Solitaire online. But I will be otherwise occupied.

I have a big announcement that I’ll post in the next day or two, but after that this blog will be as dead as objective reporting on TV news. At least until we get back. Then I’ll have a bunch of mountain stories to tell until everybody is sick and tired of hearing them.

So if you think I am not the most prolific blogger in the world, you ain’t seen nothing yet.

2 comments:

esbboston said...

Stay warm!

Anonymous said...

i wish you luck. there is an oldster making his way up the mountain and i recently read that there is also some labour issues between the sherpas and the gringos.

i await your mountain comments. how does one go to the bathroom up there. just curious.