06 October 2008

Atoned

I’m sure I was a difficult teenager. I broke my mother’s heart more times than I want to remember. Where my older sisters were proper young ladies who crossed their ankles when they sat and wore white gloves into town I rebelled against almost anything. I was Johnny Strabler, they were Meg and Beth. Ria was torn between emulating the wild one and the little women.

Sometimes I joke about my mother being a pain in the tuchas. Sometimes she is. Sometimes I’m a pain to her. We still love each other. We always have and always will. She’s my mother and I’m her daughter.

2 comments:

Mia said...

Thanks for the kind words.

I've read the Satanic Verses.

I always visit the blogs of anybody who visits mine sooner or later.

Anonymous said...

Anyone who reads your blog knows you care very much about your family.