04 July 2010

How to be Celibate

The psychological part is easy for me. I have been in an actual impact descent. It is nothing like the simulator. In the simulator you know that you are going to crash. You wake up in the morning knowing that you are going to crash several times that day. You also know that you will very likely survive. There are professional divers in the pool with plenty of oxygen for everybody. There are trained emergency medical personnel nearby just in case something goes awry. You know exactly where you are at all times and will never have to deal with environmental situations other than the water in the pool. Once you get out of the water you are done. There is no floating around in the ocean for days waiting for somebody to find you. None of this is available in a real crash.



Some of my favourite actors

8 comments:

Alissa Grosso said...

I actually did the celibate thing for 6 years, which probably sounds crazy to you. It sounds a bit crazy to me, actually. Mostly this was the result of dating a guy who was truly the scum of the earth, and deciding that being alone wasn't so bad, especially if being alone also meant being alive. I spent those 6 years focusing on me, and I think I'm a better person because of it. I've reluctantly started dating again, and now that I've met a guy so far removed from Mr. Scum of the Earth, that reluctance is starting to melt away.

Jo said...

Omigoodness, I thought I was the only person who thought Gary Oldman was sexy. I'm glad to see someone else does too.

Your training for “emergency water impact descent” sounds brutal...! And yes, I would imagine it would keep your mind off things...

Travelingrant said...

Wow, that is a lot more stressful than standing in front of Japanese Middle School Students. Though unfortunately, not a lot going on out here in the sticks, so not much to take one's mind off the opposite sex! Alas.

Sasha said...

You may be ready for a real Russian man, not just an actor with fake Russian accent.

Mia said...

Alissa, 6 years is too far but I can understand how some men drive women to cats.

Jo, we're not alone. There are entire fan clubs of women [and men] who pine for him.

Most of the training I've been doing lately is actually pretty fun. I'm young enough to enjoy it and old enough to know it's not the end of the world when I make mistakes.

Grant, I never found teaching stressful. I think it helped that most of the parents were afraid to talk to me.

I understand the dating situation but you have to admit that foreign men have it much easier than foreign women. I don't know about Japan but you won't see many foreign women with local men in China.

Sasha, at the end of the day his fake accent turns to a real accent of a different language.

Lady Love said...

There are many foreign women looking for Brazilian men in Brazil. In Salvador, Bahia, you see all those German girls with those strong black capoeira players.

Can we masturbate during celibate thing? lol

Lady Love said...

The guys you like have similar nose

Mia said...

I don't think masturbation breaks any vows of celibacy. But I'm not Catholic.