21 December 2013

Speaking of Christmas Shopping

Since I know that everybody will want to buy my new book for Christmas I should probably point out why I did not list every Amazon site. The book is available at Amazon UK, Amazon Canada, Amazon North Korea, of course, but I would actually prefer it if everybody could buy it from a single version of Amazon. Or from another site. It seems that Amazon has found a clever way to avoid paying people what is rightfully owed.

If you sell a book on Amazon and live outside of the United States, as many of us do, Amazon will only pay you after you reach US$100 in sales. After all of their fees and taxes, of course. $100 does not seem insurmountable but there is a catch. Amazon divides each national website. If you sell enough to make $99 at each of their 12 sites they do not pay you $1188. They pay you absolutely nothing. If you make $100 at one site and $99 at the other 11 they do not pay $1189. They only pay the $100.

I seem to be more populat at Amazon US and Amazon UK. I make money from those sites but nothing from the others. I have sold a lot of copies from Amazon Germany but not $100 worth, so I might not see that money for years, if ever. I have currently sold one copy from Amazon Mexico. I will never see those 98 cents. Most sales are from Amazon US, so it makes the most sense to only advertise that site.

So if you are one of the five people who are thinking about buying this thing from Amazon, all I ask is that you use amazon.com.

As long as I am spamming my own blog I might as well remind everybody about the first book. It is still available. What better way to say Happy Christmas to loved ones than to give them a book by somebody who does not celebrate Christmas.

Barnes and Noble
Amazon
Kobo
Sony
iTunes
Bookworld
distributor

4 comments:

esbboston said...

The words Amazon North Korea made me laugh, I am going to name my neXt pet fish that name, or any children I adopt. That reminds me that when I lived up North in South Dakota that I was friends with people named Corean.

I am so glad that that the please prove you are not a robot images are easier to read, but I suspect that a robot could read those, a real robot. My embroidery machines, inkjet printer and vinyl cutter have amazing vision systems for product alignment and adjustments.

Anonymous said...

now that I am back home in Switzerland I must do my Amazon shopping on DE. I am also boycotting that site in support of the strikers there. I am a luddite by conviction....

This means that I shall buy your book in Canada, my Country of birth.

Merry Christmas... Or its Jewish equivalent.

Mia said...

I might as well turn off the comment moderation. I get very little spam and I have never trusted robots.

Mia said...

I do not believe there is a Jewish equivalent of Christmas. That is a day to celebrate the birth of their demigod. We only have one God. And he has no birthday as far as I know.

If you want to say that Jesus is their messiah then there is again no equivalent. Our Messiah has yet to arrive. Nobody knows when his birthday will be.