01 October 2009

Young Turks

My generation had it easier. AIDS was a gay disease and the internet was just getting started. We had grainy digital cameras to take pictures we would be embarrassed about later but we did not have to worry about everybody around us having high quality cameras in their phones. Nothing indecorous was posted online in seconds for all our friends to see. We did not even have mobile phones without cameras.

My mother’s generation had it the easiest. No AIDS at all. Anything they contracted could be fixed with a simple injection. Their most embarrassing moments were only recorded in their minds. Drugs were freely available without stigma. And they were not likely to kill you. They also had much better music. You had to pay for it back then but it was worth it.

5 comments:

Kylez..aka...Mrs.P! said...

He's lucky to have a cool aunt he can talk to about that stuf...wish I did at that age, instead of learning it all from Friends! Possibly not the best role models!

MagicAlex said...

Get him a case of condoms for his birthday.

Jie Yi said...

Happy birthday to Little Yoel!

Sasha said...

If you were my aunt I would never stop thinking about sex.

Mia said...

If I were your aunt I'd put you over my knee. Or not. You'd probably like that.