15 December 2011

More Gomorrah Than Sodom

Once at the lake everybody was greeted and divided into groups. Spencer Tunick was on a ladder with a megaphone. I did not find that the most efficient way to direct the scene. Everything he said was in English and he had no interpreter. I don’t have a problem with English but if you are going to a non-English speaking country then you might want to bring along somebody who knows the language. We were told basically what would happen and advised not to drink the water. This particular lake is famous because it has one of the highest concentrations of salt in the world. Its name is literally Salt Sea. In English it is called the Dead Sea because no fish can live in that much salt. If you have to be told not to drink the water then you are probably not the sharpest spike on the rail.


I am 342nd from the left.
Not copyright Spencer Tunick

3 comments:

esbboston said...

That is you, I could tell by your smile. That is a smile, right?

Anonymous said...

It is all so pink,

Has this person ever done one of brown people or say black people. I must check.

garry

Mia said...

I'm smiling. But I'm facing away from the camera.

I've never seen a black person in any of his work.