23 February 2009

Movin’ Out

This is what I don’t understand. If you are going to move to another country what is the point in trying to find one that is just like your old country? It is one thing if you are moving to avoid persecution, but if you are moving abroad to experience a different life, why pick a place that is similar to your old life? Moving from the United States to Canada is like moving from Australia to New Zealand. You have to change your phone number but it is not going to change your perspective on the world at large.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I miss Kentucky Fried Chicken most of all.

Anonymous said...

PS.. Speaking of polls (er writing of polls I mean)...

I was recently reading that Germany was the most popular country in the world with Canada a close second. (Some BBC Poll thing). Israel was right down at the bottom, Along with Pakistan, Iran and the seventh circle of hell. I mentioned somewhere else that I have come to realize that the power of forgiveness (or forgetting) is much more powerful than the power of truth. As an aboriginal Canadian I know my history and it shore doesnt sound like the current authorized version.

Mia said...

I think Germany's a beautiful country but I can't see how it's the most popular in the world. I'd assume France but if this is a British poll maybe not. Die Briten haben einen Vogel.

If you want KFC go to China. It's almost as bad as Starbucks.

Anonymous said...

Americans fear what they don't understand. Europeans are much better explorers.