12 July 2008

Tsahal or Not Tsahal, That's the Question

I’m an education materials director, company commander under the Education and Information Division, formerly Hasbara. Try saying that with a gob full of cholent. Education is used here in its most euphemistic sense. I produce propaganda. My job is to make tsahal smell like peaches and ice cream. We also make training films but I’m glad to do that. I am a strong believer in quality training. My company is usually eight people. Sometimes more, often less. My unit commander lets me hire whoever I want as needed, under strict limitations. He is a very nice guy for a sa’al. My division commander is more strict but they have known each other since thier officer training days so there is give and take. Beyond that is the corps commander, directorate commander, chief of staff. I’ve only really met the new ta’al and have not been formally introduced to the alufs.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought you were a pilot.

Mia said...

I'm a trained and licensed pilot but that's not my job.

Anonymous said...

You can always come work with me. We can use someone of your skills and training.

Mia said...

But I have a conscience.

Anonymous said...

Forget the army and go back to flying. I think its your calling.