28 July 2009

Kaapstad

I can’t talk about how beautiful Cape Town is without showing pictures. But even pictures from a professional photographer would not do it justice. Everybody who has been there knows what I’m talking about.

These are random pictures taken over the years.


The picture of Table Mountain from Bloubergstrand that you are required to include with every discussion of Cape Town



Glencairn, Fish Hoek, Kalk Bay


The second most famous view of Table Mountain, from Lion’s Head


Sunrise over False Bay


The city centre, harbour, airport, Table Mountain


Lion’s Head, Camp’s Bay, Table Mountain


Glencairn, Fish Hoek, Kalk Bay


Signal Hill, the city centre and V&A, Robben Island, Table Bay

  
Clouds from Table Bay filling Platteklip Gorge


The famous changing booths at St James


Clouds from Camp’s Bay creeping up Table Mountain


A typical sunset over the Cape 


The same location years later


It is not so much that this is a crappy picture but what you see when you are in the middle of clouds at 1000 metres


Some boulders at Boulders Beach


Completely enveloped by clouds on Table Mountain

 
Simon’s Town Harbour and Fish Hoek


The moon over Hangklip, taken with a borrowed panoramic camera


Not a very sunny day over False Bay
Observant readers may have noticed I like taking pictures of clouds


Cape Town, taken with a borrowed panoramic camera

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your panoramic photo did it for me. And the moon. I seem to recall another moon photo you did some time past but I cannot quite place it. As I may have mentioned in another place, your photos have a certain coolness and reserve about them with a placidity that underscores a tightness that is almost violent. False Bay is a case in point and some or your city scenes where the calmness of the water lies contrapuntal to the darkness of the clouds and broods with explosive calm.

I must consult my alienist to see if one could milk something freudian out of all of these....

Mia said...

The last False Bay is one of my all-time favourites. When it's bigger you can see the blue tearing through the clouds and reflecting off the water.

Anonymous said...

I feel chilled. Looks like something from the antarctic with the white clouds or fog being snow.

MagicAlex said...

No.6 is my favorite.

Sasha said...

I vote Best travel photos.

Lady Love said...

Nice photos Mia.