14 September 2009

Interview With the Vampire

I would have to move to Jerusalem. There are advantages to living there, mostly family. But I like Tel Aviv for a variety of reasons. This is usually described as the most liberal city in the country. It has a more international influence and foreign products are available everywhere. There is a nice combination of old world and modern architecture. We have arguably the best bakery in the country. If not the best then easily the most famous. It is on the water. I’ve spent most of my life on an ocean, sea, or at least near a large river. And the men here are less traditional. Around here that means fewer men who think of women the way they did 1000 years ago. I am all for halakha in moderation but I’m not secluding myself to some hut once a month just because Moses could not handle Zipporah’s PMS.

3 comments:

Sasha said...

I say take the job. It's what you love and you'll be happier doing work that fulfills you. I venture you have a love-hate relationship with your current position that would not experience with this one.

MagicAlex said...

You should do the pilot job. If I were a pilot I wouldn't want to do anything else.

Mia said...

Flying charter tours isn't the same as flying for yourself. You have to follow their flight plan and schedule. There's no freedom. And that's one of the attractions of flying.