02 January 2010

Another Year Over and a New One Just Begun

2009 started with a bang. Literally. I was sent to Gaza in January to film things I’m not really supposed to talk about but probably can since it is no state secret, but I don’t really know who will read this so it is probably better if I don’t, even though I will not go to prison for it or even lose my job technically, but I can face more trouble than it is worth really since it is not that exciting. I didn’t want to go but I wanted to go. I constantly assured my family that I was nowhere near danger. I joked that the equipment was too valuable. It is funnier now than it was then.

5 comments:

HAPPY IN NEVADA said...

I thoroughly enjoyed this post! Interesting; succinct, and not a lot of extraneous verbiage......

I found your blog through MAJORITY OF TWO; seems you've had some 'exchanges' that have irritated a couple of Jo's readers; however, after seeing all that you do that's so interesting, you might often see the mundane in many blog postings as I often do.

I've put you on my rss feed so I can keep up with you this year. Diane

Sasha said...

I remember all those stories you linked.

Mia said...

The opening paragraph has a pretty long run-on sentence.

I don't mind the mundane. Sometimes it's interesting.

Mia said...

Happy in Nevada, you seem to have a lot of blogs. Which would you recommend for first-time visitors?

MagicAlex said...

It was the worst of times, it was the worst of times.