18 August 2010

A Few Current Events

I’m not an extremist. I do not believe that unions should always have their way and I do not believe that managers should always have their way. I think every case should be viewed on its own merit. In this case I think the unions should be thankful to have jobs and happy that the government is even offering anything at all. The fact that top government officials live in luxury is irrelevant. That is an issue for the courts and the voters to correct. I can sympathise with people who work hard for little money but I’m having a hard time sympathising with people who risk the education of children and the health and safety of the public for 1.6%. The average RSA high school teacher makes R10 000 per month. An extra R160 does not seem like enough to put people at risk. That is three extra Starbucks coffees each month.

2 comments:

Alissa Grosso said...

I'm really not informed enough to weigh in on this, but I do agree with you that there's always two sides to every story.

I also wanted to point out that for some reason when I look at your blog the end of each line is getting chopped off. It never used to look this way, and as far as I can tell you haven't changed anything. So, if no one else has a problem it could be my browser.

Mia said...

You're not the first person to say that. I haven't changed anything at all so I can't see why that would happen. I've been having limited browser problems but I'm not sure how my deficient browser could change how you see things.