03 June 2009

It Was 30 Years Ago Today



While most of my friends my age are planning play dates and birthday parties for their children I am planning holidays abroad and trying to schedule more flight time. I’m jealous of their life and they are jealous of mine. I think that is how it works. When I finally do have children to care for I will be living vicariously through some single adventurer and wishing I could still do all of those things that I used to do when I wished I had children.

Sometimes I think it would be easier to be a Buddhist monk. Let all your cares go while sitting under a bodhi tree and sipping mango juice. But the sauvastikas would really bother me.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would wish you a happy birthday but it would probably just piss you off, so I will wait until tomorrow and mention it en passant.

Jie Yi said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Anonymous said...

You struck me as a lady who prefers her art straight up.

Garry.

Sasha said...

Happiest of birthdays. Like a fine wine you get better with age. Now if you'd just leave all those boys and come to a man.

Mia said...

Men are slow and like their favourite chair. Boys are young and active.

MagicAlex said...

Boys are always in a rush. Men take their time. What's a sauvastika? Happy birthday!

Mia said...

The sauvastika is an ancient symbol used by Buddhists, Hindu and others to represent the evolution of the universe, balance and harmony.

LadyOnABike said...

Happy belated birthday. If you want to pass on one of those boyfriends, let me know.

Mia said...

You can have half.

Hagar said...

I hate to be the one bringing bad news, but most of your elders don't have it all figured out either.