20 May 2009

It's All Greece To Me

And a little slice of Turkey, too.


Not the golden fleece, Volos




Mykonos




Panagia Paraportiani, Mykonos




Oia, Santorini




For years I’ve been looking at similar pictures of Santorini and thinking this church commanded a space at the top of a hill surrounded by nothing but sky and sea.




Not even close.




Santorini is famous for its sunsets.
A blind monkey couldn’t take a bad picture here.




The famous lighthouse in Chania, Crete




Etz Hayyim Synagogue in Chania, the lone survivor




A view of Chania, featuring Kioutsouk Hasan Mosque




A view from Chania




The Acropolis at Lindos, Rhodes




Acropolyptic




St, Paul’s Bay, seen from the Acropolis




Izmir, Turkey




Konak Square, Izmir




Hagia Sophia, Istanbul
formerly a church then a mosque now a museum




Galata, Istanbul, seen from Sultanahmet




Sultan Ahmet Mosque, very large and very peaceful inside.
Hagia Sophia was noisy and crowded and they’re renovating.
Since the Blue Mosque is an actual mosque it was much more relaxed.




Since I know somebody’s going to want some nude beach pictures, here you are

Warning: just looking at this picture will make you want to marry a goat.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

This guy came up to me eh. He said. Are you a blind monkey you big galoot I said "I am not a big Galoot". So we had this fist fight.

I ran over his foot you see with a car. But he was in the wrong. he had big feet and was drunk.

Fist fights are sometimes better than having the cops around.

Lovely greek photos. I cant take photos since I am a blind monkey. The one thing I notice about these photos is that, except for the last one, there are no peoples and all the sitting spots look sharp and pointy. I am one of those tourists that likes to look at sites on TV, say I saw them, then go out to the beach and sit around with some resin tasting wine and those shishkabob things. When the view gets boring, say in 15 minutes or so, I break out a book and am gone. When it gets dark, I go to bed.

Sasha said...

Wonderful photos. I also thought the Santrioni was atop a hill. Now I know better. I don't like the last photo.

Sasha said...

BTW what's the photo always at the top of the pages?

MagicAlex said...

Beautiful pictures. When I think of Greek islands I'll still think of Daryl Hannah and not those guy.

Mia said...

I take lots of pictures of people but I'm not in the habit of posting them without permission.

The title picture is a sunrise over Harei Yehuda.

LadyOnABike said...

I went to Greece just after college. It's a magical place.