07 May 2009

'Scuse Me While I Kiss This Guy

Say Say Say
Through the years/I can’t just stand in here/my taste in furniture/you know I’m crying ooh ooh ooh

Compared to Paul’s enunciation and proper use of English, Michael sounds like a babbling street lunatic.


Beat It
Show them how fucking strong is your fight/it doesn’t matter if it’s wrong or right

Before Michael went completely insane this seemed much for a PG pop idol.


Bennie and the Jets
She’s got electric boobs/her mom has two/you know I read it in a magazine

Almost everybody I’ve spoken with on this subject heard the same thing.


Tiny Dancer
Hold me close atomic dancer/count the head lice on the hiway/lay me down and sheep some lemon

Some of Taupin’s lyrics can be a little obtuse and John rarely enunciates clearly.

8 comments:

Bill said...

I always thought it was Orion.

This one's too dated to be plausible any more, but I always get a giggle out of,
"Hold me closer Tony Danza."

Mia said...

It wasn't until I heard a cover that I clearly heard "looking for the answer in her eyes".

I think dying/Orion is a better rhyme.

Anonymous said...

If you promise not to google this, I give you the right to impress me. Name the song, the writer and singer of the following:

All the money's gone, nowhere to go
Any jobber got the sack
Monday morning, turning back
Yellow lorry slow, nowhere to go

Mia said...

Easy. It's Release Me by Eddie Miller, sung by Engelbert Humperdinck.

Sasha said...

They call me mellow yellow
Why try tea

I got two chicks and a pair of dice

I'm goin back one day
Come what may
To babalu

MagicAlex said...

Play piano well doesn't sound anything like tres bien ensemble.

I heard electric boobs too.

Mia said...

I can see Linda Ronstadt covering a Ricky Ricardo song.

Anonymous said...

FYI: It's called Mondegreen

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mondegreen