23 May 2009

Yerushalayim Shel Zahav

Before settling in Israel my grandfather visited Jerusalem many times. It has always been a special city for him. When they did finally settle, Jerusalem was the only option as far as he was concerned. My grandparents have lived there ever since and are determined to die there some day. Hopefully not for many more years.

My grandfather and I disagree on most things political. But we agree that Jerusalem is a beautiful city and I think it is only fitting that this year we celebrated his birthday on the day we celebrated Jerusalem itself.

5 comments:

LadyOnABike said...

Happy birthday, grandpa!

Jie Yi said...

Happy Birthday to most vulnerable Grandfather!

Mia said...

I think you mean venerable.

Hagar said...

You were once very much a Palestine sympathiser, but you are growing more Israeli all the time.

Mia said...

I'm still a Palestinian sympathiser. I just don't see it in black and white anymore.