01 May 2009

Obligatory Obama Post


NEW FIRST DOG ARRIVES!
Suspense finally over. First Family gets new Portuguese pooch. Happy girls let dad out of the doghouse and back into the Oval Office.

FIRST LADY MICHELLE: FLAWLESSLY FABULOUS
The question on everybody’s mind: who’s America’s newest style icon wearing?

TACO TUESDAYS
Exclusive look at Sasha and Malia’s lunch menu. Dad’s day may be glum but daughter’s day is all yum!

FIRST TOILET’S FIRST 100 DAYS
Obama has more bowel movements than any president since Nixon. “The Oval Office toilet gets scrubbed 3 times a day” says an aide. “Now that’s change we can believe in.”

Ok, I made up the last one, but it is only a matter of time.


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am not sure what Sara is wearing these days. Certainly not hand me downs from Noa.

This is totally unrelated but I read somewhere that According to rumors on the internet, Starbucks logo represents an Israeli Queen -
Esther, the Old Testament Jewish Queen of Persia.

Having never been in a Starbucks and having no idea who Esther is, I cannot give an opinion but I bumped into this controversy checking up on Sara N. in the course of preparing this note. I find that many regard the Israeli First lady as eccentric, mean and "crazy" and hard on staff especially soup burners or husbands shoes polishers. Stabucks came up in the context of London, Armani, riots, Queens... Amazing these six degrees from Kevin Bacon (er. non flu version).

MagicAlex said...

If nothing else, President Obama has brought optimism to America.

Mia said...

Bush flying away on that helicopter brought optimism to America.

Mia said...

As far as I know the Starbucks logo is a siren, which goes along with the Moby Dick name I suppose. Esther's an important figure in ancient Judaism but has nothing to do with overpriced coffee. Or Moby Dick. This rumour could be based on the similarities between her name and an old Persian word for star. Or it's part of that old Jewish plot for world dominance.

Anonymous said...

Safwat Higazi comes to mind. Read an interesting article where the matter was discussed "The alliance between the Western Left and Islamic anger is perplexing"by Greg Sheridan | May 06, 2009 in the Australian.

Like me he is puzzled since the Israel I know, and the one this fellow knows is not all that narrow minded and undemocratic as made out here. In Fact I found the place quite different.... and loud.

Mia said...

Only when Israel doesn't control the world will people realise we're not trying to.

Sasha said...

I saw a news report on the Obama daughters lunch at school. I couldn't believe it. Who cares?